Wednesday 2 July 2014

Inspiration...

This blog was originally called "Beauty, Truth & Freedom".  Whilst I still hold to these ideals, the focus has now changed.

I have always felt that a Destiny, a Calling if you will, awaited me, even since childhood.  I am now conscious of what that Calling is.

I am not a Christian but I do find these words from Bunyan's Pilgrims Progress (later adapted by Percy Dreamer into a Hymn) inspiring.  Bunyan wrote them whilst imprisoned for refusing to confirm to the original State Church. 

As I begin nothing less than an attempt to reverse the evils I see in the World, I take these words as my inspiration.

I hope they resonate with you too; if they do, please join The Movement.


Who would true valour see,
Let him come hither;
One here will constant be,
Come wind, come weather
There’s no discouragement
Shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent
To be a pilgrim.


Who so beset him round
With dismal stories
Do but themselves confound;
His strength the more is.
No lion can him fright,
He’ll with a giant fight,
He will have a right
To be a pilgrim.


Hobgoblin nor foul fiend
Can daunt his spirit,
He knows he at the end
Shall life inherit.
Then fancies fly away,
He’ll fear not what men say,
He’ll labor night and day
To be a pilgrim.


   
John Bunyan, Pilgrims Progress, 1684.

No comments:

Post a Comment