Thursday 3 July 2014

Spiritual Life...

I have always had an interest in Spirituality.  In other words, I have always yearned for answers to the major questions of life:

  • What is the nature of reality?
  • What are the origins of the Earth and the Human Race?
  • Do Human Beings have a Spiritual nature as well as a physical nature?
  • Does any part of us survive physical death?

My search for answers has led me along many paths including the study of major religions, the occult, alternative & revisionist history and philosophy.

The major lesson I have learned from my study is that the true nature of Human Beings and reality appears to either still be open to debate or, having once been known by ancient civilisations, has since been forgotten of covered up.

The other lesson I have learned is that the Judeo-Christian-Islamic religions do not have anything to offer in the way of enlightenment as to the true nature of reality or the Human condition.

The only religion that speaks to me is Hinduism, far more ancient than Christianity.

  Swastika, a symbol of auspiciousness in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism

My own Spiritual leanings have tended towards the Paganism that must undoubtedly have been practiced by my English ancestors prior to the invasion of Christianity.  I have always felt drawn to the standing stone circles such as Stonehenge and Avebury, and the many other barrows and cairns which dot the ancient English landscape.   What spiritual significance did they have to ancient peoples?

In "The Darling Buds of May", Pop Larkin looks out of his window onto a vista of fields and meadows, one Summer Sunday morning and proclaims, "That's my Church, out there!".  Nature is the greatest Church of all, in my opinion, where the workings of the Divine can be seen in all it's glory!



My favourite books of all time ("The Hobbit", "The Wind in The Willows" and "Lord of the Rings") all deal with a reverence for nature and the mythology of the hero.

Tolkien apparently wrote The Lord of The Rings in order to create a mythology, religion and philosophy that was peculiarly English.  However, as Brian Bates wrote in "The Real Middle Earth":

"Tolkien readily admitted that the concept of Middle-earth was not his own invention but an Old English term for the Dark Age world. The Anglo-Saxons and Vikings believed their universe was held together by an interlaced web of golden threads visible only to wizards, and at its centre was the realm of Middle-earth, peopled by humans but imbued with spiritual power."    

Peter Jackson magnificently brought Middle-earth to life in his groundbreaking films.



If you feel an affinity with the spiritual world of our Anglo Saxon ancestors, join The Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment