Sunday 27 July 2014

Words I Wish I'd Written...

This could equally apply to what I'd wish myself and for my own country today...

"I preferred to pursue, outside the political cockpit, the hard struggle for order and justice, and against corruption, since I was possessed by an ideal which allowed neither for compromises nor a division of the spoils.
I wanted to free my country from the dictatorial domination of the moneyed interests which corrupted power, undermined our institutions, tainted our consciences and ruined industry and labour.  For the anarchical regime of the old parties, all of them discredited by leprous political-financial scandals, I wanted to substitute, legally, a strong and free state, well ordered, responsible, and representative of the true energies of our people."
Leon Degrelle, Campaign in Russia: The Waffen SS on the Eastern Front.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment